Every dollar you spend on your roof is a significant investment that improves the state of your home and increases your property’s market value. A roof in top-notch condition contributes more to your home’s efficiency, safety, and comfort than any other house component. For this reason, you should know what to expect when getting your roof replaced.
For instance, how do you find a dependable company and what criteria do you use to determine what choices you will make? Let’s take a closer look at what to expect when getting your roof replaced.
Prepare Your Property for the Roof Replacement
Before the roofing contractor installs your roof, they will perform a comprehensive inspection of the roofing system and your property. From there, they will discuss everything that you need to do to prepare your property for roof replacement.
You must follow these instructions closely. Doing so will minimize the risk of injury, protect your property and allow the roofing contractors to perform their work with minimal effort. Here are some items you may want to consider as you prepare for the roof replacement:
- Turn off the irrigation system to keep all equipment and supplies dry.
- Remove all items that are hanging on the exterior walls.
- Isolate your pets inside or relocate them to another home during the project.
- Prepare your family for the project. They may want to be gone as much as possible, as roof replacement is disruptive.
- Remove all outside yard items from the work area around the roof to prevent damage.
Also, it is important to make sure that all workers have a clear path to the construction site. This means removing any debris, yard items, fencing, or vehicles that may hinder access to the property or the roof.
During the Roof Installation
Construction work is always dangerous. Roofing presents risks that are associated with power lines, falls, and heavy equipment. As such, you must take the necessary precautions to protect your family and home. Here are some items to consider:
- Roofing construction is loud and does not mix well with sleeping babies or families that cannot handle the noise. You may want to plan a short trip or activity on that day.
- Rain or severe weather may delay the roofing project.
- Have a safety plan for entering and exiting the home.
- Try to avoid any extra family or guest visits to minimize traffic.
- If you need to speak with a roofer, please avoid shouting. Speak with a roofer while they are on the ground.
- Consider covering all items in the attic with plastic.
- Wear shoes outside when you are around the house.
- If you have a cover for the pool or jacuzzi, please use it.
After the Roof Replacement is Complete
Once the roofing contractor completes the job, they will meet with you to go over any last-minute details and what you can expect over the following days of construction. There are several things that you need to address including:
- Review the details of the manufacturer and contractor warranty.
- Review the details of the job contract.
- Do a walk around to ensure that everything is in good shape.
- Schedule your first roof inspection and maintenance.
Contact Quality Roofing for Roofing Service in Florida
Quality Roofing offers premier roofing services for homeowners in Florida. To find out more about our roofing solutions, call us at (850) 204-0443 or fill out the quick form on our contact page.